Definition and classification of cookies
What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about browsing habits of a user or computer. Depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer, cookies can be used to recognise the user.
What types of cookies are used by this website?
- First-party cookies: sent to the terminal of the user from a computer or domain that is managed by the editor and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: sent to the terminal of the user from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor but by another entity that manages data obtained through cookies.
- Session cookies: a type of cookies designed to collect data while the user accesses a website.
- Persistent cookies: a type of cookie that stores data in the terminal and can be accessed and treated for a specific period of time defined by its creator and can go from a few minutes to several years.
- Analysis cookies: treated by us or third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and therefore measure and perform a statistical analysis of their behaviour and usage of the service. For this, their visit to our website is analysed in order to improve the supply of products and services that we offer.
- Advertisement cookies: allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that the editor may have included on a website, application or platform from which it is providing the requested service based on the edited content or the frequency in which the advertisements are displayed.
- Cookies of behavioural advertising: allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that the editor may have included on a website, application or platform from which it is providing the requested service. These cookies store information on consumer behaviour obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing to develop a specific user profile and display advertisements based on this profile.
It is also possible that when visiting a website or opening an email with an advertisement or special offer of our products or services, a cookie is installed in your browser. This helps with future advertising related to the searches you have previously undertaken and develop a control on our advertisements regarding, for example, the number of times they are viewed, where they appear, what time, etc.
Clearing & Deleting Cookies
Third Party Service Providers
The services we use to collect and analyse web browsing information are: Google Analytics and https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
This application has been developed by Google, which provides us with an Audience Analysis service of our website
Google may use this information to improve their own services and to provide services to other companies. For more information about the use of data, please check the links provided below.
The information obtained is related for example to the number of pages visited, language, social network in which our news is published, city of the IP address from which our users access our website, number of visitors, frequency and recurrence of visits, time of visits, type of browsers visitors use, operator or type of terminal from which the visit is made.
In these third party cookies, the user will also find those related to Google Adsense managed, among other companies, by doubleclick.net ‘Cookie Advertising Adsense www.Doubleclick.net’.
We use this information to improve our website, identify new needs and assess improvements to be made in order to provide a better service to users that visit our website.